The function and deficiency of potassium fertilizer
Potassium is one of the three elements of fertilizer. Potassium content in plants generally accounts for 0.2% ~ 4.1% of dry matter weight, next only to nitrogen. Potassium is involved in the activation of more than 60 enzyme systems, photosynthesis, transportation of assimilates, carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis in plant growth and development. In the fertilizer industry, potassium is often used as a main raw material to be processed into special fertilizer products through NPK fertilizer granulator.
Main function of potassium fertilizer
1. Promoting the activation of enzymes
The activation of enzymes by potassium fertilizer is one of the most important functions of potassium in the process of plant growth. So. Potassium is closely related to many metabolic processes in plants, such as photosynthesis, respiration and synthesis of carbohydrate, fat and protein.
2. Promote photosynthesis and transport of photosynthetic products
It can improve photosynthetic efficiency, regulate the opening and closing of stomata, and control the inflow and outflow of carbon monoxide and water. It can promote the synthesis of carbohydrate and accelerate the flow of photosynthetic products.
3. Promoting protein synthesis
The uptake and transport of no ₃, the key component of protein synthesis, is closely related to the process of protein synthesis.
4. Enhance the stress resistance of plants
Potassium can reduce soluble amino acids and monosaccharides, increase cellulose and thicken cell wall; potassium can produce osmotic pressure gradient in crop roots, which can enhance water absorption; potassium can close stomata of crop leaves to prevent water loss in drought and water shortage. Therefore, potassium can enhance the ability of disease resistance, cold resistance, drought resistance, lodging resistance and salt resistance of crops.
Harm of excessive application of potassium fertilizer
1. Excessive application of potassium will not only waste valuable resources, but also reduce the absorption of calcium, magnesium and other cations by crops, resulting in "heart rot" of leafy vegetables and "bitter pox" of apples.
2. Excessive application of potassium fertilizer will cause soil environmental pollution and water pollution.
3. Excessive application of potassium fertilizer will weaken the production capacity of crops. Therefore, modern industry uses fertilizer production line to mix NPK fertilizer in proportion. According to different regions and fertilizer characteristics, the proportion of each element in the formula is different. The fertilizer granulator makes different raw materials into granules, which avoids the harm of chemical fertilizer raw materials.